14 FREE Small Business Social Media Strategies
- Small business social media activity is essential. Comment on your own business (if adding a thought) and other blog posts; use Facebook, Google +, LinkedIn, Pinterest and Twitter on a regular schedule.
- Have employees, family, and friends LIKE and follow the business on Facebook, Google + and Twitter. Send everyone an e-mail with the hyperlinks.
- Brick and mortar businesses should place a colorful “attention getting” sign in the front window announcing the Facebook URL and any other social media presence.
- Place at sign at the reception desk or waiting area with the Facebook, Google+ and Twitter URL’s.
- Put Facebook, Twitter, Google+, and blog site URL on business cards, e-mail signature, stationary, website and newsletter.
- It is important to place (live URL’s) Facebook, Blog Post and Twitter information in the signature box on all the outbound e-mails. This is an important and necessary content marketing strategy.
- When employees are on the phone or e-mailing clients, have them mention the business social media presence and have them have them conclude the conversation, e-mail, and SMS with, “Have you found and liked us on Facebook (Twitter, Google+) yet?”
- Consider having an online contest (great on Facebook) for your audience or have a giveaway or discount that can be promoted across Facebook, Google+ and Twitter.
- Consider having a Facebook or Social Media “Meet Up” event “offline” at your offices or at a local café for clients and potential clients; make it a quarterly informal networking event.
- Encourage friends, family, neighbors, and business associates to like, follow, SHARE or continuously read what has been posted on all of your business platforms. Send them the links or articles via e-mail when the subjects are considered of value to them.
- Attend as many local networking Chamber or like events as possible. It is NOT what you know or who you know; IT IS WHO KNOWS YOU.
- Join groups on LinkedIn and Facebook. Join the local Chamber of Commerce, register your business on Google+, and comment on other people’s articles and posts.
- Join other local organizations and groups ONLINE; participate in as many discussions and conversation strings as possible.
- Sponsor and participate in community endeavors like festivals, charities, 5K runs, food and blood drives and help share the information across your social media sites.
Visibility is essential as your social media presence grows through content, ENGAGEMENT and consistency; call 919 244 6989 or e-mail email@example.com
Generic social media plan for small business:
Get out a clean piece of paper and sharpen that pencil…
Look at the history of the business, current situation, and the marketing strategies currently in use… then:
- Set Goals
- Choose the right platforms on social media
- Assess your target audiences
- Define both the challenges and the opportunities
- Track and measure the analytics for growth and return
- Use re-targeting strategies and tactics and CHANGE them up to improve process and results
Remember… ENGAGE your clients… they want and need to be paid attention to every day!
This team-spirited post is brought to you by your North Carolina Social Media Specialists I.M.U. Social Media LLC, headquartered in Davidson, NC with offices in Historic Downtown Apex, NC.
I.M.U. Social Media LLC
Davidson NC 28036
Business: 704 439 0787
http://www.imusocialmedia.com and https://www.facebook.com/IMUSocialMedia
Identity, Message, Understanding (IMU) Strategy & Management (SM) IMUSM!
NOTICE: The information contained in this article is owned by I.M.U. Social Media LLC and is intended for the SOLE use of the individual(s) who reads it. Any information contained within it is for the reader’s use, and can be shared and linked to other interested parties. We want everyone more successful!
For great support, join your local Chamber of Commerce.
Photo: I.M.U. Social Media LLC